2007-05-24

WarHammer Italian Contest : FAILED

A couple of months ago I've partecipated to an Italian Contest about the famous Warhammer universe.
The Target of the Contest was to create a war flag for the battle troups of Warhammer.

I've partecipated with the image here on the left. This is my personal artwork and my it's fully original. I've tought to an army compose of many Dwarves that ride the Goats.

The results is a glorious standard, and I've though to have done a good work.

To complete this post I will show also the winnings stendards, so you can undestand on your own if this is good or not ; the most important think is that you let me know what you think writing some comments.

In my opinion there was some triks in the judges mind, so not really winners have won, but preferred ones ... but this is only my personal opinion, or , pherhaps , the opinion of a loser.



The Winner number 1 - Yes, this is a very good drawing. I only don't undestand how a Standard of Death, property of the orcs, keeps an orc head upon the wood, and not a human head...

My personal rating: 10








The Second !

I really dislike this... It's not too bad to see, but I think this is not a Standard.
I can see many skulls, flames ... confusion. Everything hide something else, and images has been ripped from Iron Maiden albums, google images, and so on.

My personal rating : 4




The Third!

This is nice, but this isn't Warhammerish! This looks like the army of the Lord of the Rings elves places... do you know, all the armour with plants and the whithe tree of Minas Tirith... Toolkien rules here, but Warhammer... ?
Boh.

My Personal rating: 7





The Fourth!

This is incredible, easy clean and ... simple. A good formula for a standard, but nothing special... C'mon, it's heavily classic.

My Personal Rating : 6




The Last Winner! The Fifth!

Very good in my opinion. I don't understand why he has used the example standard and not the official icon as the others... mistery.

I do not suppose this is an handdraw of the author, but otherwise, this is great! Of course originality is always the same: a dragon and the flames... ok ok, I stop boring you (what a sadness...)

My personal rating : 8


And you, what Standard do you prefer ?
I only hope to win something with the other The Games Machine Contest.

See ya! Folks!

Lord Hol Napult

No comments: