2006-07-18

The Hero inside...

Videogames, what are they ?
I suppose the best answer is an illusion in which we found ourselves.

Inside a videogame we can became legendary entity with the same purposes we look for in our lives too. Think about the most common videogames : you must kill the enemy, help the reason you believe, and Survive. Probably we are escaping for a while from the sadness of the current times, so colds and so gray. I suppose the main motivation I find to play videogame is to touch new systems ( it doesn't matter the nature they are) exploring and researching and testing if a projiection of myself could be right over there.

In War Titles I like to change the story, in Medieval Rpg's I do the same, but I discover an ancient world too. Inside the Shooter I only look for a blood action to unchain the stress of the day. All this can be done, of course , without offend (or damage) someone or something. That's very good.

..But Sometimes videogames doesn't care about the player and his reaction, his playing (long) sessiong, his capabilities to advance inside the difficultness. I take an heavy sight to the MMORPG because the young generation are completely involved inside of this. Gamewriters should provide an userfull parent tool for time playing limits ! But beyond the videogame there could be the television, and so on.

I suppose , at this point, that videogamers like to be great kings, but they didn't know nothing of nature and mountains around them... they like to be great soldiers, but they didn't do the obligatory military experience anyway... They like to be something they cannot do until they stay over there.The question is : Illusion can cover the "real" Life ? I don't know, MATRIX is a possibility, not a sure projiection....

and So on.. Live the present as a person and play the game as an Hero, but remember that the second is only a less complete illusion than the first :O

Watch below, freedom seems to be lost at this point....
... I suppose to require some holiday.

Ciao
Lord Hol Napult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came to take a look at your blog, and I agree with some points you wrote about (others I must admit not to understand them).
Most of all I liked your statement for wich "Videogames are just a less complete illusion then life", though I don't know if it was just irony or if it was reasoned
My Philosophy's teacher once said "We don't see the Reality, we just see a mental representation of what we are able to perceive, we're condamned never to see reality, but always a sort of film of it", and that was a thing that really struck me, and that I found really intresting. Surely it isn't a great discovery, but I never really thought about it before
I think videogames will keep on evolving, I think their goal will be being alternative realities, and with progression of technology it won't be that hard to reach. Surely servers big as cities will be very expensive, but the appeal of escaping into a new world would be enormous...a sort of giant mmorpgs working like matrix (though I hope not getting energy from human kind)

Anonymous said...

I think like you two !
best regards....
John