2007-12-16

A BitTorrent Story

Some times ago I decided to throw myself inside the big P2P (Peer-to-Peer) sea that represents one of the many ways to download from the big net the programs, movies, music and videogames.
I've choosen , for curiosity of fame, BitTorrent.
The place from witch I've downloaded the software was obviously the homepage: http://www.bittorrent.com/

During installation you obtain 2 programs upon your computer, the P2P Client called bittorrent.exe, and another called dna.exe; the firs question I asked to myself was: why should I obtain 2 software if I require just one ?

Inside the homepage DNA offers more efficency, more streaming performances, blablablabla-I-m-not-interested!
So I quickly removed DNA from the Windows start register (this was not an options! Use, for example, CCleaner and search the DNA.exe Runkey between "StartWindowsRun/Registry", inside the tools...) and destroyed the installation forlder. :)

Let's return to BitTorrent.

I was remembering to have found , around the net, the famous "torrents", that are files apparently unuseful, but that became foundamental when you have installed the software in object. Those files said: download the movies, download the game, download download but there wasn't a notice that let me know that I was downloading a torrent, not the movie itself.

Bittorrent uses this files as follow:
  1. Look for a site that hosts the torrents (look at the small list at the bottom)
  2. Run Bittorrent.exe
  3. DoubleClick upon the downloaded Torrent
  4. Bittorrent assume the files and, if there are some peer, starts the download.
  5. The logic behind the condivision process is the following (peer connect also one another):


And so I started my download.
I haven't a poweful PC.. it's definitely old, and pherhaps this influenced the Drama that happened: after half hour of download my computer crashed, so I had to reset. At the boot I saw some bad lines appearing on the monitor.
My computer didn't started regularly. Nothing happened upon the main screen.

Hacker
attack ? Backdoors ? Or a system crash of high and formal priority? Pherhaps mu firewall went to do shopping ?

I don't know, I only know that I reinstalled the Windows upon the Crashed Windows, and everything, for my biiiiig lucky, returned to works.
Anyway many programs had to be reinstalled again, because the DLL's was corrupted/damaged/lost.


"Faith Mysteries" ? Maybe.
A week after all of this I decided to run again BitTorrent (ok, I know, I'm an Unconscious one), but now everything works perfectly. The Test of the Fire has been passed!

When the next one... ?
Whoops &%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops&%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops &%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops&%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops &%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops&%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops &%%%ç£"$=(" £$error££Whoops&%%%ç£"$$=(" £$error££$&(=$çç
amp;(=$çç
amp;(=$çç
amp;(=$çç

Here some good site for Elemental Aphrodisiac Torrenting :

Lord Hol Napult

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ehm.. magari comprateli originali i giochi... e soprattutto cambia s.o. che winzoz me fa proprio kakà
ciauz